-
March 14th, 2005, 09:42 PM
#2331
Inactive Member
Oh right, i didn't have to pay for the beta. That would be stupid. Also, i would say WoW is the best MMORPG at the moment. It's the most balanced and player friendly of them all. The only problem is the poor graphics, but it means more people can play it. BTW, Lineage II looks so good, but i heard it's really sucks gameplay wise.
-
March 15th, 2005, 02:17 AM
#2332
Senior Hostboard Member
Yeah, from what ive seen and heard, World of Warcraft is the most enjoyable MMORPG experience you can pay monthly for right now, further proved by the fact its also the most popular.
Just finished MGS3 for a second time, this time checking out an alternate ending, and various other cut-scenes which i missed. One of these wins an award in my book for being the most hilarious thing ive ever seen in a videogame.
-
March 16th, 2005, 12:28 AM
#2333
Inactive Member
I think I have six more levels till I complete Brothers in Arms.
-
March 16th, 2005, 04:22 PM
#2334
Senior Hostboard Member
I needed another good rpg so I installed neverwinter nights again
-
March 16th, 2005, 05:48 PM
#2335
Inactive Member
This just in, Astro Boy for the GBA completely kicks ass. If you own a GBA, or GBA combatible system, i demand you get this game. Failure to comply will result in ass rape, i repeat, ass rape.
Have a nice day.
-
March 16th, 2005, 05:56 PM
#2336
Senior Hostboard Member
-
March 17th, 2005, 05:33 AM
#2337
Inactive Member
i got xenosaga2 and just finished it. i dont like it too much, the characters are bland, they all talk like robots (which is ok for ziggy, but hes still not even a robot) plus they changed shion into this weird shion that doesnt even look like her anymore. like when she does her victory pose, shes like pushing her chest out and striking this sexy pose. thats not something shion would do! i think the people who made this game figured that they would break shions glasses in the begining and change her into a sexy girl, but... its retarded. i understand sex sells, but then just make some new character like that. its so obvious thats what they were trying to do.
-
March 17th, 2005, 07:02 AM
#2338
Inactive Member
Yeah, Shion, while wearing pretty cool clothes, is way too prmiscuous this time around, compared to the first one. She's not the cute dork from episode 1, and is instead random faced girl+nice clothes.
-
March 17th, 2005, 01:30 PM
#2339
HB Forum Owner
IRT CE: Thanks for the comments. I'll get the game some day; if I hadn't seen how they ruined it I would have it in my hands since the first days of release though.
I don't like the new look of characters at all, especially Shion, my favorite character by looks in Episode 1. The new Shion may be sexier for people outside the saga, and she may fit the de facto standards of beauty of the media, but I have to say I find Shion in Ep 1 way hotter and cuter, and the fact that she's a geek and a programmer makes me like her even more. Besides, Xenosaga 1 already sold well for fanservicing; if anything, we needed more of that style.
This is how characters changed visually:
Character: Episode 1 → Episode 2
????????????????????????????????
Shion: Hot geeky girl with the best ass ever → Julia Roberts
KOS-MOS: Hot teenage android → She could be my mother
chaos: Interesting freak of the bulge → Emo kid that needs more sleep
Jr: Cunning boy who knows how things need be done → Jason James Richter
MOMO: Cute Japanese chibi character → American comic character
Ziggy: Badass android → Phew, he was spared. Same as before.
And if they are out of character, I guess Xenosaga 2 will be just like any other game, far from what made Xenogears so special. Plus I've heard the combat system is not as good and the music simply can't be compared.
-
March 17th, 2005, 09:41 PM
#2340
Senior Hostboard Member
Im following Wiseman's tactics regarding Xenosaga 2. I'll probably enjoy it, just not on the level that i should for a big budget RPG. It'll be more like a filler to keep me amused between the big releases, hence why i refuse to pay extortionate import charges for it.
And on that note: damn and blast! As if it wasnt bad enough.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 17, 2005 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks